A Critique: An Imperceptible & Mystifying Unity Binding Placebo, Religion & Spirituality
In this paper, the scholar talks about how placebo influences the mind of the people. The author argues both the sides such as how placebo is though not a real medicine, it cures people. It is an effective method to cure an ailing person from both biological and psychological perspetcives.
2. R. C., Pogge. The toxic placebo. Med. Times 91, 773–781, 1963. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13944208.
3. K. I., Pargament, B. W., Smith, H. G., Koenig, L., Perez. Patterns of positive and negative religious coping with major life stressors. J. Sci. Stud. Relig. 37, 710–724, 1998. (doi:10.2307/1388152).
4. S., Grof and C., Grof. Spiritual emergency: when personal transformation becomes a crisis. Los Angeles, CA: Jeremy P. Tarcher, 1989. https://ixtheo.de/Record/1650241526
5. Fetzer Institute NIoAWG 1999. Multidimensional measurement of religiousness/spirituality for use in health research. (p. 2) A report of a national working group supported by the Fetzer institute in collaboration with the national institute on aging. Kalamazoo, MI: Fetzer Institute. https://fetzer.org/sites/default/files/resources/attachment/%5Bcurrent-date%3Atiny%5D/Multidimensional_Measurement_of_Religousness_Spirituality.pdf
6. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition 2020, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
7. M., Hyland, B., Whalley, A., Geraghty. Dispositional predictors of placebo responding: a motivational interpretation of flower essence and gratitude therapy. J. Psychosom. Res. 62, 331–340, 2007. (doi:10.1016/j.jpsychores.2006.10.006.)
8. J., Giordano and J., Engebretson. Neural and cognitive basis of spiritual experience: biopsychosocial and ethical implications for clinical medicine. Explore 2, 216–225, 2006. (doi:10.1016/j.explore.2006.02.002)
9. Bancroft J. Human Sexuality and Its Problems. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone; 1989. The biological basis of human sexuality; pp. 12–127. Human Sexuality and its Problems - John Bancroft - Google Books
10. Y.P., Bharati and P., Lolita. From Sex to Superconsciousness. Pune: Tao Publishing Pvt. Ltd; 2001. OSHO on What's the attraction? pp. 53–100. Description: From sex to superconsciousness (ixtheo.de)
11. The extracts and quotations from the written works of Sri Aurobindo, copyright Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust, Pondicherry - 605002.
12. H. James, Cousins. New Ways in English Literature, first published November, 1917. Second edition revised and enlarged, November, 1919. The Cambridge Press, Madras. Digital Library of India, item 2015. 31747.
13. M. G., Meraviglia. Critical analysis of spirituality and its empirical indicators—prayer and meaning in life. J. Holist. Nurs. 17, 18–33, 1999. (doi:10.1177/089801019901700103)
14. R. J., Davidson, et al. Alterations in brain and immune function produced by mindfulness meditation. Psychosom. Med. 65, 564–570, 2003. (doi:10.1097/01.PSY.0000077505.67574.E3)
Copyright (c) 2021 Dr. Dalip Khetarpal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Before you submit your article, you must read our Copyright Notice.