Book Review of Kunal Basu’s Filmi Stories
The Return of the Storyteller
Book Review of Kunal Basu’s Filmi Stories: The Return of the Storyteller by Ananya Dutta Gupta.
2. Basu, Kunal. The Japanese Wife. Noida: Harper Collins, 2009.
3. Benjamin, Walter, The Storyteller: Reflections on the Work of Nikolai Leskov. E-book provided by Cornell University, https://arl.human.cornell.edu/linked%20docs/Walter%20Benjamin%20Storyteller.pdf, accessed 5 June 2023.
4. Chaudhuri, Supriya, “The Sense of an Ending: Closure and Disclosure in the Modern Short Story” in Crosscurrents in the Modern Short Story, ed. A. Dasgupta. Kolkata: Blue Pencil, 2005. References in this article taken directly from the manuscript shared by the author over email dated 2 December 2011.
5. Forster, E.M., Aspects of the Novel. New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1927. E-book provided by Project Gutenberg, https://www.gutenberg.org/files/70492/70492-h/70492-h.htm, accessed 6 June 2023.
6. Freud, Sigmund, “The Uncanny” (1919), translated by Alix Stratchey. E-text provided by Massachussetts Institute of Technology, https://web.mit.edu/allanmc/www/freud1.pdf, accessed 5 June 2023.
7. Kant, Immanuel, “An Answer to the Question: What is Enlightenment?” (1784), translated by Ted Humphrey. Cambridge, MA: Hackett Publishing, 1997. E-text provided by New York Public Library, https://www.nypl.org/sites/default/files/kant_whatisenlightenment.pdf, accessed 5 June 2023.
8. Mazumdar, Nayantara, “I immerse myself in the worlds I write about: Kunal Basu”, The Telegraph, 27 April 2023, https://www.telegraphindia.com/my-kolkata/events/i-immerse-myself-in-the-worlds-i-write-about-kunal-basu/cid/1940122, accessed 28 April 2023.
9. Plato, Laws, translated by Benjamin Jowett. E-book provided by the Internet Classics Archive, https://classics.mit.edu/Plato/laws.1.i.html, accessed 6 June 2023.
10. Propp, Vladimir, Morphology of the Folktale, 2nd edition, translated by Lawrence Scott, revised by Louis A. Wagner. Austin: University of Texas Press, 2009. E-book provided by https://monoskop.org/images/f/f3/Propp_Vladimir_Morphology_of_the_Folktale_2nd_ed.pdf, accessed 6 June 2023.
11. Sen, Aparna, dir. The Japanese Wife (2010). Distributed by Saregama Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2023 Ananya Dutta Gupta
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Before you submit your article, you must read our Copyright Notice.